SC - Political Correctness at events

Jasper Fieth cem8780 at omega.uta.edu
Mon Oct 6 22:14:12 PDT 1997

> << I suppose what I am asking is - how much do we "worry" about things
>  like this?  I've no problem with not eating salmon (more for me), but
>  should our feasts also take into account mundane issues like this?
>   >>
<SNIP>
> IMHO, the folks that jump on the "let's not ever offend anyone bandwagon" are
> a bazaare lot at best. Why, there are individuals that offend me by their
> presence yet I would never expect them to disappear. The WASP attitude may
> have it's place in Mundania but despite viewpoints to the contrary the SCA is
> not the forum for these politically motivated thoughtforms. :-)
>
> Ras (whose philosophy is eat it before it eat's you. :-))

I bring.
I cook.
They eat.
Nuff said.

If you want to be PC, you can bloody well starve!

Esko Sola who threw someone out of one of his feasts for telling him that
chickens suffered to make the meal. My reply "If we aren't supposed to eat
animals, why are they made of meat?!"

aka Esko the Omnivore and proud of it

***
"Sanity is a one-trick horse. Sure, it gives you nice things like rational
thought, but when you're insane THE SKY'S THE LIMIT!!!"  -- The Tick

Do not trifle with dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

This is Mac.                                      \\\\|////  'Hi'
He wants to travel the world.                     ( O   O ) /
Please add him to your .sig and help him.    ---oOOo--U--oOOo---

"Of course that's my opinion -- I could be wrong." -- Dennis Miller

"I started out Catholic, now I'm an American." -- George Carlin