SC - Re: Tart of Ryce

Morgan morgan at mt.net
Thu Oct 16 10:51:07 PDT 1997

- ----------
	Because I was able to think about this a week, here is my version.  BTW,
I tend to read the original recipe through, and mull about what it sounds
like, then head for my small library to check on ingredient quanities of a
similiar sounding recipe.  Tart of Ryce reminded me of a "fruit" pie recipe
given to me by a South Carolinian, and as I was working, I remembered Pecan
Pie . . .

	Make Rice:  1 cup raw to 2 cups water simmered for 20 minutes

	3 eggs whisked well  add a scant cup sugar whisking all the while
	Add 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp ginger and 1/4 cup O.J.
	Stir in rice and then about 4 Tbs. really soft butter (or melted)
	Pour into a well buttered 9" deep dish pie or tart pan
	Bake in oven 350 for about 45 minutes..

Sincerely
Caointiarn