SC - white drinks and other foods

Michael Macchione ghesmiz at UDel.Edu
Fri Oct 24 09:07:23 PDT 1997

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
> On those occasions when I feel it's necessary to document what I pour
> into my gob, I drink water, wine, milk or buttermilk, hard or fresh
> cider, ale, etc. It's not as if there are no alternatives to soda.

Now this may seem like a strange request, but do you know of any other
period drinks besides milk, that are white???  I'm planning a feast to be
served in Mid-winter, that has a White theme (all of the foods served are
white, called white, or started out as white).  I have this strange
feeling that serving milk at a feast won't go over well, Any ideas???

I also wouldn't mind if people made suggestions to foods that might fit in
(hint, hint).  Two things that I am looking for in particular are: soup (I
was thinking of a seafood chowder... but the onion pottage that has been
recently discussed looks interesting) and a spread of some sort (i was
thinking of serving the bread swan subtlety that was talked about a month
ago, but I don't know what to fill the "back" with...butter seems just a
bit too far from white)

kael