SC - birch

Tyrca Tyrca at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 11:52:07 PDT 1997

(continued from previous message) [for some reason, the computer grabbed the
half-written message, and sent it without my consent!]

I was saying please please PLEASE do not use bread yeast.  It will work for a
fermentation agent, but the flavor it leaves in mead is not very pleasant.  It
would be better if you find some Mead yeast, or champagne yeast.  Either one
will be better than Red Star.
     Let me know the results, I am curious as to how it will turn out.  I
wonder how it would be to use Sugar Maple leaves?   Hmm. . . I have to think
about that one. . .

Tyrca