SC - Subtlety Quest

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Wed Oct 8 15:46:45 PDT 1997

Okay, cooks, it occurred to me today that I might be able to finally
get a question answered that has occasionally surfaced in my mind
for a couple of years now:

At the Eastern royalty dinner at Pennsic in 1994, a subtlety was
brought in that I found absolutely staggering:  it was a kneeling
stag, about 1/2 life size (maybe 3/4--that sucker was *big*).  It was
carried to the table on a litter on the shoulders of bearers. The
exterior's key ingredient, I was told, was cream cheese.  When
pierced to the heart with an arrow, it "bled" warm mulled wine.

This thing was awesome.  I've wanted to attempt it myself ever
since.  Now that Ilive in the Outlands...:-)

Anybody know who the creator was?

Berengaria