SC - Re: #328-31

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Tue Oct 7 14:23:23 PDT 1997

Greetings!

I have several small points/questions to make:

1)  Adamantius, I have a copy of an 8th C. celtic picture of picts in
trousers.  Does that mean they're OOP?

2)  Tibor, was the food processor you spoke (wrote?) of a mouli-
legumes?  It sounds as if it may have been.  If you can get
documentation for such a thing I'd be over the moon.

3)  cig oen a mel?  Who has Welsh recipes?  Can you send/post more?
Pretty please?

4)  Dragees.  A leech-book quoted in Furnivall's Early English Meals
and Manners (sorry, don't have the reference here, will send it along
tomorrow) gave a recipe for coriander seeds, whole, boiled in vinegar
in which marjoram has been decocted, and then the whole schmozzle
rolled in sugar.  If anyone did find the hypocras spices recipe I
think I would prefer that, though.

5)  How does one get saunders?  I know (or at least think I do) that
it (they?) come/s from sandalwood, but how do you isolate it?

Thanks

Cairistiona

Dr. Ian van Tets
Dept. of Zoology
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7701 RSA

ph: +27 +21 650 3641 (w), 650 3301 (fax), 47 5324 (H)