SC - Tip o' the Day idea

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Tue Sep 9 06:20:59 PDT 1997

Uduido at aol.com wrote:

> << The main problem for some with the Flower / Rosenbaum text is the fact
>  that it contains virtually no material redacted for the modern kitchen. >>
>
> I also LOVE the Flowers/Rosenbaum edition for the reasons you state above.
> It's much easier to go to the kitchen and produce some nice stuff if I don't
> have a pre-concieved notion.

Bingo. And if I really did need a preconceived notion, I think I'd
choose the model from another cusine. I love properly prepared English
food, but I've never run across any in England, and the general
consensus is that it was almost extinct between about 1914 and 1985. Now
the Irish countryside is another matter... .

> Besides outside of some people like the Frugal Gourmet, Lady Aiofe, Lord
> Valario and a few others, I like my cooking best. :-)

Well, of all the people in the world, it won't me ME who tells you
arrogance is a bad thing! (It would look a bit odd if I did...)

> Lord Ras (Tip of the day: Try making Scrambled Eggs on very low heat with
> cream instead of milk and dropping bits of butter in it as you stir and cook
> it. Yummm! :-))

And speaking of the Irish countryside, you've pretty well described the
method used there. Yup. Done in a saucepan, generally.

I like the idea of the Tip of The Day, BTW. We could get all psychotic
and Martha Stewarty on everybody, but I look lousy in a straightjacket.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com