SC - cream puff's

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Wed Sep 10 10:28:01 PDT 1997

Lord Ras,
I believe I know what it is you are looking for but I also do not know the
name.  I believe you are looking for a thin(transparent) membrane with lines
of fat running over it like a spider web.  I watched a chef use it to hold a
piece of lamb tenderloin with a bit of fat and spinich together.  It didn't
seem to impart any flavor, just hold everything together.
       The membrane comes from the abdominal cavity (I'm not sure from what
animal though).  Maybe if you go to a butcher or real meat market (not the
grocery store) and describe it they can get it for you.  I do know that there
is very little call for it in modern cooking, even less call than for
sweetbread and tongue.  If I remember the name I will post it for you.
Best of luck
Ivy~