SC - Cow udder

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Sep 12 09:40:17 PDT 1997

Michael F. Gunter wrote:

> Well, I would like to do a nordic feast at some point but Steppes
> had a Nordic 12th night just a couple of years ago and I would
> want to do a smaller feast if I was doing nordic.
>
> I am looking for period 12th Night feasts to get some ideas though.
> Anybody with any help?

There's a menu and recipes for the East Kingdom 12th Night feast I did a
couple of years ago at this URL, part of the Ostgardrian cooking pages:

http://www.adelphi.edu/~sbloch/sca/cooking/twelfth.night.html

Some of the ingredient quantities have been worked out for eight
servings, but others are total quantities for 320 - 350 servings; I
figure it'll be pretty evident which is which.

This is a sort of generic Anglo-Norman menu, more or less 14th century.
This might help. It isn't based on a known, actual 12N feast menu,
though.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com