SC - Stained Glass Questions

Christi Redeker C-Redeker at mail.dec.com
Tue Sep 16 10:21:19 PDT 1997

I, Tibor, wrote:
  > She [Mistress Dante] and I, together, have made stained glass
  > renditions of arms.  We made marzipan for the "lead", and poured
  > colored hard crack (technical term in candymaking) sugar into the
  > various pockets to form the arms.  It's messy, but it seems to work
  > adequately well.  Humidity can play hell with hazing, though.

Adamantius:
  Have you tried a REALLY light coating of something like walnut oil to
  protect it against humidity? Just a guess; I haven't done this.

We had a fairly heavy coating of oil on the marble board we poured on, and
we coated the top as well, by cheating and using PAM spray.

The issue appeared, to my untutored-in-candy eye, to be the change in
climate from one day to the next.  Clear the day we poured, hazed after,
and it was humid the first and dry the second.  I dunno if I am right.

	Tibor