SC - Sir Gunthar as Patron

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Tue Sep 16 22:22:47 PDT 1997

> << I thought Queen Ann's Lace was poisonous?
>  -brid >>
>
> Say what? Queen's Anne Lace is the wild carrot. If you take the seed palnt
> it, grow it, dig it up and pick put the biggest roots, replant it, plant the
> next years seed  and repeat the process for at least 3-5 years you will have
> in your garden a 'period' white or red carrot. :-)
>
> Lord Ras

This, Lord Ras, is true-- however it is very easy for the new scavenger
to mistake hemlock for Queen Anne's Lace out in the wild, with very
unhappy results.

If memory serves, there's also a water parsnip variety (remember the
thread on skirrets a while back?) that is highly toxic as well. Alas, I
remembered this from having read an Elizabeth George mystery novel a
while back and don't have any further details other than the poisonous
water parsnip was The Major Plot Device.

ciorstan
(stepping back into the corner to lurk quietly some more)