SC - Flaming Order of C

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Wed Sep 17 08:41:28 PDT 1997

> Uduido at aol.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 97-09-16 15:11:47 EDT, you write:
> >
> > << Gunthar
> >  (an acolyte only because I built the bloody church.)
> > Perhaps we should elevaten Sir Gunthar to the position of 'Patron" since
> > he did make this group a reality? (Thanks, realy, Gunthar. ) And besides
> > the position of Patron doesn't carry any particular prestige  or honor
> > except in the eyes of those who know what a wonderful service this
> > creation of the list has been.:-0
> >
> > What say you all, list members? Do you vote Sir Gunthar as the sole
> > patron of the list cathedral? Ayes? Nays? (And , we better count 148
> > votes! :-0
> >
> > Lord Ras

Okay, kiddies. Thanks for the honors of this thing but remember that a patron
often had no skill in the arts he promoted.  I have a Grant level A&S for
cookery.

I appreciate the thought, though.

> Count me in! I hear that the Pope has downgraded the necessary miracle
> requirements for Beatification and Canonization. How do people feel
> about The Venerable Sir Gunthar? Or, for a rustic, Italian approach, how
> does Papa Gunthar grab people?
>
> Adamantius
> ______________________________________

Actually, my job is more like janitor and doorman. I feel that folks like
Lord Ras, Master Adamantius, Mistress Katherine, Aiofe, and the many other
experts are the preachers who convert us "periodish" heathen into devout,
redaction-singing converts.

Of course, Duke Cariadoc is the Pope. But like many Popes, he doesn't play
with us anymore.

As for "Papa". I like the sound but I'm not THAT old! (In spite of what my
lady says!)  My squire's kids do call me "Unca Gunthie".

Yers,

The most Humble

Sir Gunthar
(List janitor)