SC - gunthar

kat kat at kagan.com
Wed Sep 17 12:25:59 PDT 1997

DarkKnight wrote:

> Erin Kenny wrote:
> > >

> > This may not be as friendly, but if we put it on MY space, I don't
> > think American Copywrite applies.  (Don't misunderstand this - I
> will
> > respect the photographer's / artist's / writer's rights to the
> > fullest extent that I am able -- this is only for cases where we
> > CAN'T FIND the person to give permission.  If anyone ever came to me
>
> > and said "That's mine, get rid of it!" I'd be sorry, but I would)
> >
> > Claricia Nyetgale
> > (yup, in Canada)
>
> My Lady,
>
>         Sorry, did not realize you were not in the US. I would think
> thou if
> any of the pics are from photogs in the US than it might apply to
> them.
> Of course photog permission is always better. It is just easier for me
>
> because of the size of the archives, it would be impossible to contact
>
> everyone (Especially those that are deceased;)). Good luck in your
> endeavor and if you have any questions as to format, please feel free
> contact me.
>
> Lord Ragnar MacHardy of Clan MacHardy

Steve,
    You are right on this one. tos are from the states and taken here
they are subject to copyright laws. I run into this from time to time at
work. Causes me no end of headaches. The nice thing though is that f it
is taken as a "amateur" (not being taken for profit,newspaper yada
yadda) and it is a public event (Like a renfaire) yiuy can publish the
photo without permissions. The notice you posted earlier should also be
added as a CYA measure.

Chris