SC - recipe request (dessert, Irish/English or whatever)

Russell Gilman-Hunt conchobar at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:43:11 PDT 1997

> Murkial af Maun asked:
>
> >2.  What flavors would have been period, if any?  I usually use
> >wintergreen, anise, cinnamon and peppermint oils for my candies.

While not seen in hard sugar candies, these flavors I have for Sirrup's:
Violets,  Gilleflowers, Cowslip, Rose, Damask Roses, Barberries,
Mulberries,Rasps (rasberies), Leamons, Poumcitrons, Pippins (that is
apples), Purslane, Liquorish, Wood Sorrell, and Hyssope.  I suspect that
Saunders( red sandlewood) wood work well too.  As for coloring agents the
rose and sandlewood would make red, liquorish for black?, blackberries for
purple....

Yours,
Eoian (who thinks he may go home and destroy the kitchen tonight with all
these ideas)