SC - thanks

Caitlin Cheannlaidir caitlin at phosphor-ink.com
Fri Sep 19 15:46:11 PDT 1997

On Thu, 18 Sep 97 14:36:24 -0500 "Suzanne Berry"<sberry at primavera.com>
writes:

>       Suzanne Berry
>       09/18/97 02:36 PM

>     Interesting.  I'm an absolute beginner at this, and it does sound
>     interesting, with this being a good quick way to come up with a
>     dish.  It brings up a question, though;  I remember reading,
>     somewhere (I can't remember where at the moment) that Contiental
>     rabbits are entirely dark meat, while American rabbits are all
>     white.  Would someone with more of a clue than I care to comment?
>
>     -  Aislinn

Someone's pulling your rabit's foot, Aislinn.  The meat is more like dark
meat than, say, breast of poultry.  It's been the same on American,
European, and Asian continents when I've eaten it.  Read an article once
about rabbit being the healthiest meat you could eat, as it had far less
cholesterol than beef, pork, etc. and lots of good food values.  The
trick, as with any game, is to cook it slowly and at lower temperatures
than supermarket-type domestic meat.  I don't think it would much
resemble Campbell's Chicken noodle soup.  Not if you did it right...

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com
Master Chirurgeon, Companion des Lindquistrings, Princess' Order of
Courtesy