SC - English Limes?

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Sep 19 19:42:57 PDT 1997

On 19 Sep 1997 11:59:53 U "Mark Harris" <mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com>
writes:
>>Do you cook your battered flowers in a deep fat fryer?  I've read of
>>these and think that I did some squash ones a looong time ago.  I
>have
>>a recipe for sage leaves in batter from my German cookbook.  Don't
>>have a deep fat fryer, and wonder if the stuff is good enough to
>>bother looking for one at a flea market.
>
>To which Julleran replied:
>
>>Use a good, deep pot. That's what I do. Works as well as the deep
>fryer I
>>used to have.
>
>What does the deep frying do that frying in s shallower pot doesn't?

Covers what you're cooking with oil. You can do it in a shallow pot, but
then you have to turn it. I've done both.

>This seems awfully wasteful of oil, especially if you are only cooking
>a few items. Someone mentioned that you could filter the oil for
>reuse?
>How do you do that? Drain it through a colander lined with paper
>towels?

Or coffee filters.

>What then, is this oil only good for future deep frying or can it be
>used for other things?

I save it for deep-frying. You can use it a number of times, depending on
what you're frying.

>Was deep frying period? It seems expensive in oil, but I guess in some
>areas olive oil was common.

I've seen some recipes for what seems like deep frying. Some one else
could probably answer this better than I could.

>Stefan li Rous
>mark at risc.sps.mot.com

Julleran