SC - Cauliflower

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Sep 19 19:36:52 PDT 1997

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:30:28 -0500 mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com (Michael F.
Gunter) writes:
>> From margali at 99main.com Fri Sep 19 11:17:12 1997
>> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 12:07:34 -0400
>> From: marilyn traber <margali at 99main.com>
>> I believe as a whole they are 'cruciforms' and are also part of the
>> cabbage family-cabbages, brussels sprouts, broccoli, mustard,
>> cauliflower is a relative but not period, and a few more that escape
>> me[not fast enough, havent had enough coffee]
>> margali
>
>But I have seen several period recipes for cauliflower. I keep wanting
>to make
>some of them but since my roomies hate cauliflower (I love it) I
>haven't
>attempted them.
>
>Have I been reading another 18th C. book and got it confused again?
>
>Yers,
>
>Gunthar

No. There's a recipe called "To butter a colleflower" or something like
that (spelling I'm not sure of) in one of my books. I'm thinking Pleyn
Delit, but that could be wrong. It's late, and I'm getting up at 4Am to
go say good-bye to Aethelmearc. I'll check on Monday if no one else has
the source at hand.

Julleran