SC - Held up feast

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Sep 19 20:17:38 PDT 1997

<< Lord Ras, please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't HM Ruslan wearing a
 garment studded with pearls while doing all the wrestling? Lord Ras,
 also a fine costumer, I understand, had apparently made the garment in
 question, and had a front row seat as the pearls were cast (popped)
 before alligators and bears. >>

Well. sort of> THE STORY

When Ruslan ascended the throne of the East I was given a little scroll which
basically stated that I was to be known as "His Majesty's Tailor forever
more". I had previously been given the task of creating his coronation robe.
Several yards of black silk and rose brocaded black material shot with silver
threads later. The robe was ready for the addition of beadwork. Myself and 2
lovely ladies spent a total of 44 hours (including one all night session)
hand-sewing 2000 pearls to the garment INDIVIDUALLY so if one popped a slew
of others would not join it.

At Pennsic War court that year, he wore the robe and decided it would be a
kingly idea to wrestle a blow-up alligator to (apparently) impress the
populace with his prowess and skill. During the wrestling match pearls
literally were popping off everywhere.

The flip side> I went to his camp the next day to 'borrow' the robe for
repairs. After firmly reminding the 2 newbie gate guards that I was indeed
allowed into the King's encampment by vurtue of my 'office' and by virtue of
the fact that I had been granted access to the King's person whenever and
whereever I deemed it necessary to fulfill my function as tailor without 'let
or leave' I was (surprisingly allowed into His Majestie's private camp to get
the robe. I left and assured the guards that no 'harm' would befall them for
not recognizing me. <tsk, tsk>

I repaired the robe and wore it to several events in the precense of Ruslan
who would never admit to me that he lost the robe and who did not recognize
it as his own. <sweet revenge:-)> Finally, after 2 years someone brought it
to his attention that I indeed was wearing the robe he had presumed was lost
(Sir Edmund, if I recall correctly).

All in all a good time was had by all. And thus the recipe 'Chicken Ruslan
with Ham". :-)

Lord Ras