SC - Held up feast

Donna Kenton donna at dabbler.com
Mon Sep 22 05:52:53 PDT 1997

Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:

> << Chicken Simon of Amber      Spinning chicken on a string >>
>
> Actually,  in Clan Kyle this somehow became Angus' Spinning Chicken
> despite
> the fact that I'm the one who got the idea from this list, asked
> someone to
> buy the chicken, paid for it, and cooked it, including dropping it in
> the
> firepit once before I got the skewers set properly.  All Angus did was
> build
> the fire (and the tripod it was hanging on - but I set the tripod up),
> and
> spin the thing a few times.
>
> Brangwayna Morgan

How did it work out?  I'd like to say it's nearly fool-proof, but
apparently I'm the fool who would prove it wrong.  I did one in windy
conditions, and managed to set the nearby grass on fire, as well as the
chicken!  After five hours, it still wasn't done, and I didn't want to
risk making anyone sick, so I chucked it.  We managed without it, with
orange glazed noodles, pork pasties, and other such things.

On this note, what's the most interesting thing you've cooked over a
campfire?  I'm already looking for ideas for next summer's camping.
<grin>  If anyone is interested, I'll collect this thread, and make it
available as one document or add it to my web site.

Rosalinde
- --
Rosalinde De Witte/Donna Kenton * donna at dabbler.com *
http://www.dabbler.com/