SC - Re:I need willowbark

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Wed Sep 24 11:37:39 PDT 1997

Hi Folks!

Can someone please post a procedure for making gold-leaf stick to marzipan?
I don't have a lot of leaf, and I need it for this coming weekend for my
friend's wedding soteltie. Will it stick on it's own, or should I brush the
areas with egg-white? Does anyone know the answer here? It's my first
time<<blush>> using  gold leaf.

Aoife--up to her elbows in almonds to make a Damsel, St. George and the
Dragon from "Marchpane" to put on top of the structural gingerbread base she
posted the recipe for last week.

**Yes, if it turns out well I'll take pictures for the Soteltie archive. And
if it doesn't you'll never hear about it again! ;^D

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.
				---Alexandre Dumas

Experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes.
				---Oscar Wilde

Hold tight, Grommit. Think of Lancashire Hotpot.
				---Wallace, A Grande Day Out