SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #306

Wed Sep 24 14:07:20 PDT 1997

>Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 11:25:14 -0500
>From: mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com (Michael F. Gunter)
>Subject: Re: SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #304
>

>> ><< Hi folks. Would the wonderful gentle wanting a design for the Salamander
>> >Pin
>> > please e-mail me? I have a good quality b&w sketch of a design all scanned
>> > in .jpg format and ready to send.
>> >
>> > Aoife >>
>> >
>> >We're all looking for asketch of the salamander pin. :-0 How about attaching
>> >the jpg or mime/uue encoding  it and sharing it with the rest of us.
>> >
>> >Lord Ras
>>
>> Sorry, sweetie.
>> Nope, unless Pappa Gunther says otherwise, I'll collect the foks who want a
>> copy and mail it out in one batch. Sometime soon.
>>

>> Aoife
>
>Thank you for the consideration for the list and the members of this list. If
>people would like a copy of this then please send a private email to Aoife.
>
>Aoife, if there are a significant number of requests, then you may post the
>design to the list if that makes things easier.  But please make sure that
>Tibor (into whose hands I've thrust this monster) gets a copy.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gunthar

It's a PIN design, though, which someone asked for and my addled brain can't
remember who. They wanted to make up a mold and cast some FOCS PINS for
recognition-type stuff. I'll be happy to design the device or draw it, but
trust me, it'll be Muuuuuuuuuuch simpler if I draw it than if we all gang up
and crowd the thing. Must be because I grew up in a house of artists.
Besides, Tibor is DYING to offload this on someone!. I can smell his
hesitation from here! I can scan it in color if anyone has a need, but b&w
downloads faster.

So, here's a compromise: I'll draw it (the badge, not the PIN), scan it, and
send it out privately, to Tibor and other interested parties.

Tibor, I agree that there's too many elements in the mix. And, I think we're
making a big symbolism mistake to put a salamander AND a cauldron in the
same piece of artwork. It's not a message I care to send to my friends and
family about myself. But that's me.

Besides, we're talking about a badge. A badge needs to be simpler.

Aoife

PS thanks for the Gold leaf tip, Tibor. You'll be hearing from me.

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.
				---Alexandre Dumas

Experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes.
				---Oscar Wilde

Hold tight, Grommit. Think of Lancashire Hotpot.
				---Wallace, A Grande Day Out