SC - pickled fruit

Wed Sep 24 14:07:27 PDT 1997

  So today I'm trying with the correct proportions (1 cup (2 sticks) =
  butter, 2 cups sugar, 4 cups flour.)  I've got it all mixed but the =
  result is not dough, but crumbs.  I can pack them into a baking plate, =
  but before I do I wanted to ask, Have  I done something wrong here?  Do =
  I need more liquid/fat?  Or should I just bake my packed-down crumbs and =
  figure once the butter melts it'll be fine?

It is my opinion that you want the dough somewhere beteen perfectly
homogeneous and unmixed.  The art is finding where.  I think that crumbs is
a touch too dry, but VERY crumbly is about right.

	Tibor