SC - re- late feasts/c

Aine of Wyvernwood sybella at gte.net
Thu Sep 25 18:29:03 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - re:  late feasts/cooking laurels    9/25/97

<snip>
I'm not sure I would assume that; I have at least one correspondent from the
West who says that events are frequently followed by everyone going out for
chinese food, and that of the 3 or so feasts she's attended, 2 were virtually
inedible.  It doesn't take many inedible feasts before autocrats decide not to
bother budgeting for a feast at all, especially if the local culture doesn't
demand it.
<snip>
I have been to one inedible feast out here, a few that were half inedible, and
a few that have been divine.  There are two a year in my local Barony, one of
these is half pot-luck, half provided.  I think there used to be a third, but
maybe I just haven't gotten to it recently and it still exists.  There is I
think also one Principality feast.  All other events that I know of are bring
your own food, and "feasts" are usually organized by household, or are private
for royals.  Have never been out to chinese after an event but Pizza used to
be an oft-used food source.
- -brid
(not trying to stir any s*&!, just stating my observation from the West)