SC - long white turnips

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Sep 1 18:53:12 PDT 1997

Varju at aol.com wrote:

> Possibly.  Our printer was acting funny and that line did not print well, so
> I just mis guessed on what the word was.  Another question comes to mind
> though. . .do turnips come in any color other than white?
>
> Noemi

Not normally, although there are various other root vegetables around
the world that are called, in English, turnip, which really aren't, and
some of them can get to be pretty interesting colors. The only other
candidate I can think of is rutabaga, which many people call yellow
turnips. To some people, when you mention turnips, that is what they
think of.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com