SC - Julleran's Sugar/C

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Sep 19 06:41:35 PDT 1997

Marisa Herzog wrote:

>                       RE>>SC - Julleran's Sugar/Candy Glass
> 9/17/97
>
> you could also do a thin cheese cake or torte for a base.
> yellow- yellow plums, apricot, lemon
> purple- grapes, blackberries
> green- (not period kiwi), lime, gooseberry
> blue has me stumped
> -brid

If memory serves me, limes we use today are a post period subspecies
cross of lemon and key lime but i may be wrong, though in herbals a lime
tree is mentioned, it is a temperate deciduous tree fond in england and
the leaves are used.
for blue-blueberries are period european, they were called bilberries or
something like that- i haven't had my coffe yet so my mind hasnt started
firing on all 6 yet.

margali