SC - Burned Rice-saving

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 15:22:50 PDT 1997

<< As to the burned rice, I always tell anyone I'm teaching that if a dish
 doesn't come out right, it's better to toss it and go without, than to
 serve a poor dish.  Everything else could be absolutely fabulous, but
 it's the burned rice everyone will talk about later.

This is NOT a period solution but works wonderfully well for turning burnrd
rice into a 'gret' dish and it really does work.

If you burn you rice, IMMEDIATELY remove it from the heat and scoop out the
part that has not burnedd. Take a goodly amount of tea leaves and crumble
then into a powder. Stir into the rice until well-mixed.

I burned the rice at Will's and some wonderful gentle told me to try this. I
did. ALL of the rice got eaten and many people wanted the recipe.

Uh, let's see.....take a pan of rice and burn it.........:-)

Lord Ras