SC - potential problem foods

Donna Kenton donna at dabbler.com
Tue Sep 30 13:32:26 PDT 1997

Jasper Fieth <cem8780 at omega.uta.edu> wrote:

> > Finally, to put this thread back on topic; what spices
> > have people here had a problem with for mass audiences?

Ideally, my flavorings are balanced, and there isn't one that
predominates.  That's the goal, anyway.  <grin>  However, I've been
served dishes that contained huge quantities of cloves or allspice, or
*way* too much pepper, and found those a bit hard to take.

When I cook, I've had these allergies to consider:
mushrooms
nuts
shellfish
eggs

We always ask people with special dietary needs to contact the cook.
For one feast, I had to work around allergies, vegetarians, diabetics,
and those who keep kosher.  Not everyone could eat everything I served,
but I tried to get something for each of them in each course.

Rosalinde
- --
My latest story - TEA FOR TWO - available October 1
at The Case (http://www.thecase.com/twist)
Rosalinde De Witte/Donna Kenton * donna at dabbler.com *
http://www.dabbler.com/