SC - peer fear / noodles

Donna Kenton donna at dabbler.com
Fri Sep 19 09:35:04 PDT 1997

Marisa Herzog wrote:

> perhaps m'lord if all were as courteous as your words in this post,
> there
> would be less "peer fear".  I know some of both, but have for the most
> part
> been treated better by those without title than those with.

I have always avoided peers because a) they looked so busy and I didn't
want to bother them, and b) they looked so *important* that what could I
possibly have to say to them?  I remember the first time I approached a
king outside of court.  My knees were knocking, my hands were shaking, I
lost my voice.  Pretty embarrassing, to say the least.  That's why
working in the kitchen is so great.  I figured if I fed 'em well, they'd
come back for more!

I have a noodle question.  I haven't seen any references to noodles with
herbs worked into the dough.  I was thinking of doing a sage flavored
noodle as a side dish for both chicken and pork.  Any ideas?

As for me, Rosalinde is a 16th century Englishwoman who dabbles in a
variety of things: needlework, costuming, cooking, calligraphy,
spinning.  Donna does pretty much the same things for fun, is a
full-time mom, and free-lances writing articles and short murder
mysteries.

Rosalinde
- --
Rosalinde De Witte/Donna Kenton * donna at dabbler.com *