SC - thanks

Paul Louis pocopup at classic.msn.com
Sun Sep 21 13:54:28 PDT 1997

- ----------
From: 	owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG on behalf of Annette M. Stroud
Sent: 	Sunday, September 21, 1997 5:20 PM
To: 	sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
Subject: 	Re: SC - thanks

> What was peoples first ercipe they learned?
I believe mine was spaghetti.

> Mine was a baked custard followed by souffle when I was 8.
> What got you interested in medieval cooking?
> It was the food at events.
> margali

I was 9. My Great Grandmother  passed away and my mother had very little idea
on how to cook, so she took a class in night school and brought the recipies
home. It was right before her birthday, so I went through her phone book and
called all of her friends and threw a surprise party for her. I got the money
from her then "boyfriend"  (now  my stepfather) and  hid the food at various
neighbors houses. I prepped the food while she was at work. the whole thing
was wonderful . I  had saved  the recipies ; Beef Wellington, Crab Dip,
Roasted Potatoes, Spinach Salad, from Plymouth - Whitemarsh Sr High night
cooking class, but, they were lost in our last move. I've not stopped cooking
since, and to this day beef wellington is still a favorite comfort food.

Olga
Thanks for the chance to reminice, I think I'll call my mom now