SC - Bay laurel-again

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 07:28:29 PDT 1997

Someone who's address I lost e-mailed me privately for info on the period use
of bay leaves.
'
In a couple of hours this past evening , I read through Form of Curye and
found no references to it's use. However, Tallemant refers to it as a garnish
for a what appears to be a Beef jelly recipe which Viscountess Judith
confirmed. She also said that branches of laurel were used as garnish.
Apicius apparently uses laurel in several recipes. That is the extent of what
I could dig up so far.

Viscountess Judith  is going to do a little more digging and call me Saturday
p.m. with the results of her personal search which I will post a.s.a.p.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Lord Ras