SC - Fw: [Mid] Is camping without a cooler out of period?

Gedney, Jeff Gedney.J at phd.com
Fri Apr 3 10:08:24 PST 1998

<snip>

>>Do let me know if you get more substantive historical information, 8-)?  I'm
>>relatively interested by now!  (I do know Elizabeth David's estate or heirs
>>are republishing her stuff at a great rate, heard there was one on ices and
>>ice creams... that would probably be a good source!)
>>
>>Patricia R. Dunham - Eugene Public - 100 W 13th Ave - 97401
>>patricia.r.dunham at ci.eugene.or.us - 541-984-8321
>>http://204.203.17.34/library (EPL)     <<<>>>
>>http://members.aol.com/gerekr/medieval.html (home)

Hello!  Acanthus Books, acanthusbk at aol.com , has Elizabeth David's book on
ice & ices:
 "Harvest of the Cold Months: The Social History of Ice & Ices", ed. by
Jill Norman.  "A meticulously researched history of the culinary uses of
ice and snow, ranging from 16th c. italy, to 17th c. France, to 18th c.
England; from the snow pits and ice houses in Persia, to the ice trade in
Boston, to the ice cream business in London.  413 pages.  Softcover.
Import.  #DAHV, $27."

HTH,

Cindy/Sincgiefu
renfrow at skylands.net