SC - Ostrich, and cruelty to geese

marilyn traber mtraber at email.msn.com
Mon Apr 6 04:01:57 PDT 1998

Renata Kestryl of Highwynds asked:

Does anyone out there on the list have any period culinary recipes using rose
syrup?

I'm writing an article on how to make it and I'd like to give my readers some
in-period food uses. I know how *I* use it, and I know some herbal/medicinal
uses, and some Modern Middle Eastern recipes use it for baklava and things
like that.

- --------------
Is rose syrup the same as rose water with sugar added? If so, there are
directions for making rose water and a recipe using rose water that was
given on this list earlier in this file in the PLANT, HERBS AND SPICES
section of my Stefan’s Florilegium:

rose-water-msg    (32K)  8/11/97    Where to buy. How to make. Rose-water uses.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

If this was a period food item, and with the number of middle eastern
syrups, I imagine it is, I would like to consider your article for
inclusion in my Florilegium. You retain the copyright and I will withdraw
it or update it upon your request.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net