SC - Ye Olde Lopster Thread-revisited again

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 05:11:53 PDT 1998

Sabia of St Kildas {sabia at unm.edu} asked:

Greetings, I will be doing a feast at the end of this month, but I am
still lacking a vegitarian receipe for my forth course,  I was hoping to
locate something that was red or themed toward fire, I have unfortunately
spent the last week stuck in bed(apendectomy-lovely surprise) instead of
searching cook books,  any suggestions would be appreciated.  Also  is
there a documented receipe for saffron rice? If  so where thanks.

- -------
You might take a look through these files in the FOOD section of my
Stefan’s Florilegium:

vegetarian-msg    (43K)  3/30/98    Medieval vegetarianism. Lenten foods.

beans-msg         (58K) 12/30/97    Medieval, old-world beans and peas. Recipes.
turnips-msg       (31K) 10/31/97    Turnips in period. Recipes.
vegetables-msg    (78K)  1/15/97    Period vegeatbles. Recipes.

My files can be found at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

I'm not sure what will fit your theme, but perhaps you can find something
in the recipes in these files. I also have a file on rice and grains (rice-
grains-msg) but I don't remember there being a saffron rice recipe.

Hope you are feeling better, now.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net

PS: I know requests for vegetarian recipes have come up here before and that I've
mentioned these particular files. My appologies if anyone is irritated by seeing
this again.