SC - FW: Atholl Brose (LONG)

Peters, Rise J. PetersR at spiegel.becltd.com
Tue Apr 7 07:28:00 PDT 1998

Had a look at Cindy's redactions, and it reminded me of something I meant to
mention.  Wardens were notoriously hard pears, even when ripe.  I suspect
the initial simmer, unpeeled, was to get them down to a reasonable
handleable level before peelling and the rest of the recipe.  I use pears as
hard as I can find (under-ripe conference usually), as I find ripe pears
tend to disintegrate into a slush too quickly.

Caroline