SC - corn vs. polenta

Gedney, Jeff Gedney.J at phd.com
Tue Apr 7 08:00:43 PDT 1998

**********
Whether or not maize was used in period there is a beautiful italian
painting
called "Summer" by Guiseppe Arcimboldo, c. 1573.  It is a "man" made
entirely
of fruits and vegetables  . . .
Are there similar representations from other artists in other
countries?  I am looking at a postcard.  It doesn't tell us if they were
eaten
or how, but it does show that things were familiar in a certain place at
certain time.
- - -brid
*********
I've always thought that picture was neat-o!  I have seen similar
pictures of flowers, ie, a vase full of every sort of flower for the
season.  If you know where I can get another of those postcards, tell me,
'cause I would love to have one.

- -Anne