SC - Arcimboldo: Was: Corn

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 7 13:53:37 PDT 1998

Anne Marie says:

>>I believe a number of sources say that the medieval orange was far tarter
than the modern navel orange, and so many suggest the use of the sour blood
orange to approximate the medieval variety.<<

The orange used in medieval times was the Seville, or sour orange, which I
believe is still available in Europe. I use the sour Valencias off my mom's
tree to approximate the taste.

Renata