SC - rasher/game birds

S.Albert salbert at ptialaska.net
Tue Apr 21 01:13:21 PDT 1998

At 4:10 PM -0500 4/17/98, Chris Adler wrote:
>      My concern is that this won't be
>     an SCA event and thus won't be covered by *SCA insurance*.

Unless the policy has changed substantially since I looked into the matter
some years back, the SCA's insurance does not cover you against liability
anyway. It insures the Corporation, and it may insure the owner of the
site. You may want to check whether that is still the case--but if so,
don't depend on what someone tells you, look at the policy yourself.

>     The couple thinks they've found a site which will allow a
>     non-professional caterer, but I'm still worried that this could be the
>     one time that something awful happens, that someone gets sick, and
>     they or their family sues me and/or the couple.
>
>     Any suggestions? I've considered waivers, I've thought about not
>     charging the couple so that I'm not actually "catering."

I don't think that would affect your legal liability.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/