SC - Thanks and a question about copyright

Valoise Armstrong vjarmstrong at aristotle.net
Sun Apr 26 13:42:47 PDT 1998

Dear Cook's List,
	I have to thank everyone for all of the class ideas, I am saving
every one of them!  I am the Dean of the School of Culinary Sciences for
the Royal University of Meridies, and am responsible for putting together
tracts of classes for our RUM events.  The next one coming up in July has
a theme of Pre-1066, and I am currently trying to put together a list of
class ideas for it.  I really like the "Tastes of ..." idea, and it is
one I can do and travel with. (I'm attending from Atlanta, and the event
is in New Orleans.)   I think butters and cream cheeses are a good way to
get an idea of different flavors, and I have spoken with Mistress
Rhiannon of Cathal-Mohr (Duke Cariadoc, this is your former apprentice,
(Alma) one of Meridies' newest Laurels!)  about baking some bread for me
to go along with it, also with period ingredients.
	So, my question is, how about some ideas for early period food
classes?   Period ingredients?  I am assuming that we are dealing with
pre-1066 England here, as that date isn't so significant elsewhere.  What
other types of tasting mediums would you suggest?  (ie, vinegars/
vinaigretes, cookies, etc, needs to be something that doesn't compete
with the flavor we are trying to get across.)
	Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks for the information already
given, and for all that to come.
	Yours in service to the Society, (and diners everywhere)

Mistress Christianna MacGrain, OP, Meridies