SC - Help thinking up a class......

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Apr 26 17:53:52 PDT 1998

I want to thank everyone who responded to my post about the German
cookbook. I've e-mailed everyone who contacted me, so hopefully I haven't
missed anyone.

One question that did come up was why I didn't include the German text
along with my translation. There are several reasons I won't go into right
now, but one that I thought someone on the list might be able to address is
the question of copyright when applied to the transcription of an
hand-written manuscript. I know that a translator holds the copyright to
their translation, there is a certain amount of interpretation involved and
that makes sense.

But when someone transcribes a hand-written text, does that person have any
rights to the transcription?

Valoise