SC - Saffron prices

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Wed Apr 29 00:26:02 PDT 1998

Browsing through old unread messages, I found this :

On Sun, 05 Apr 1998 16:37:43 EDT, geneviamoas at juno.com wrote:

>Greetings oh learned ones and those well read and experienced too:
>Speaking of french food. Has anyone read and hold a sharable opinion on
>the book _ Early French Cookery: sources, history, original recipes, and
>modern adaptations_ by D. Eleanor Scully & Terence Scully. University of
>Michigan Press c. 1995.

I recently got this from www.amazon.com, and it looks excellent.  It is a
pity that the original texts are untranslated, but most of them are from
fairly easily found sources (like the good ol' Menagier) if you want a
translation.

The redactions I've looked at seem feasible, and the general discussion is
very interesting also.  And there are a *lot* of very tasty looking
recipes...

- -Korny
- --
William Bekwith MKA Kornelis Sietsma | http://zikzak.net/~korny