SC - Re: Galingale and verjuice.

Robyn Probert robyn.probert at lawpoint.com.au
Thu Apr 30 21:57:02 PDT 1998

As a beginning cook in the Society I would like to cook "documentably"
period food.  Question is, what do people call "documentation".

All of the below questions are hypothetical.

If I have a recipe written in a period source (i.e. Harlan manuscript)
is that primary or secondary?

What if the recipe was middle eastern but written by an Englishman?

Is a facsimile of that manuscript in a modern book (i.e. Falconwood
Press) primary or secondary?

Is a reprint (where all words and spelling are kept but the recipe is
retyped) P or S

What about if the spelling is modernized ??

Is a translation of that recipe into another language P, S or T ??

Is a redaction of that recipe S or T ??

What if Cariadoc does the redaction ??

Awaiting your input,

Meliora.