Saffron amounts (was Re: SC - Spices-another source)

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at tddtx.fujitsu.com
Thu Apr 16 12:55:40 PDT 1998

Bronwynmgn wrote:

> Speaking of saffron amounts, I have a question.
> My lord and I will be cooking Pain Perdu for breakfast at our Royal Progress
> event in May.

> Many thanks!
> Brangwayna Morgan

M'lady Brangwayna,

This doesn't answer your questions but have you thought
about doing
Ein Spise Von Birn (A food of pears) from "Ein Buch von
Guter Spise"?

It's basically an apple and pear filling between two
thin slices of
break, dipped in egg batter and griddled. The only
spices are pepper
and anise.

I don't know if you are planning the feast for a
certain time or place
but this may help.

Yers,

Gunthar