SC - Middle East-Help needed

DianaFiona DianaFiona at aol.com
Sun Apr 5 08:10:04 PDT 1998

<<
 I was also wondering if grenedine could be substitued for  "sweet"
pomegranite
 juice? My produce man at the market just sort of gave me the blank stare when
 I asked him if he could get me a case of "sweet" pomegranites. My thoughts
are
 that the sugar could be left out of the recipe and grenadine plus a
tablespoon
 of lemon juice might be  substituted, replacing the "sweet pomegranite
juice."
 Does this sound like a viable solution to a lack of the "real" thing?

 Ras

     I'm assuming that you don't have a Middle Eastern market near you? The
one near us carries pomegranite syrup all the time--granted, it's the sour
type, and cooked to a dark brown, but yummy none the less. I haven't ever had
grenadine that I can recall, so I can't comment on the taste of it. What about
a healthfood store? Some of the natural juice companies might have pomegranite
juice, and since you would presumably need a fair bit, most places would be
willing to order some even if they don't normally carry it...........

         Ldy Diana