SC - syrup of lemon

THL Renata THLRenata at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 22:10:08 PDT 1998

Deborah asks:

>>how much of a syrup should it be? how thick? Are we talking Maple syrup? My
is no where near that consistency.<<

Most of the stuff sold as maple syrup today (Aunt Jemima and the like)
contains artificial thickeners.  Real maple syrup. I have found, tends to be
rather thin.

Likewise, the rose syrup I make is also thin, since if I boil it too much it
loses its flavor. It thickens a bit in the refrigerator after it's done tho.

Hope this helps!

Renata