SC -Making Butter in Period

Deborah J Hammons aldyth at juno.com
Mon Aug 3 09:03:14 PDT 1998

hey all from Anne-Marie....
> > >Is there anyone not going to Pennsic?  Lets all cook out and
> imagine that
> > >we are there.  Anyone have their favourite recipe to share?

Pennsic is far far away for those of us on the far western reaches (OK< not
as far as SOME, but still!). Someday, maybe, but not this year.

I have never gotten to cook for more than just a weekend (3YC I was part of
the autocrating team and so was fed rather nicely by some fellow Guild
members). The challenge would be rather intimidating! But I'm sure we could
rise to it.

What would we eat? Most likely no-cook stuff for breakfast and lunch
(suplimented by food court stuff), and then pull out all the stops for
dinner. Likely we would try to do "theme nights", ie French one night,
Italian another, German, etc.

At our recent Coronation,  we had a very nice dinner of the following:
Cinnamon Orange Chicken (from le Menagier and Platina)
raviolis (from Santichs "Original Mediterranean Cuisine")
cretonne of new peas (from le Menagier)
wardons in syrop (in numerous sources)
Friends brought something to share, so we had blancmanger and bread and
other good stuff too.

The chickens were roasted ahead of time, so we just put them on the grill
for a bit to warm. The sauce was made up so all we had to do was boil. The
raviolis we made on site with fresh pasta, and the cretonne I brought
already made so we just had to warm it up. The wardyns we made on site. The
whole meal was boil and serve.

I know I"ve posted the recipes for all these before, so I dont feel bad
leaving it at that! :)

Next year, perhaps, The Holy Land!
- --AM, who sent friends with a shopping list (pewter and pottery and...:))