SC - Re: SC Familiar foods in other countries - Was Lamingtons

San Fernando Valley Girl sfvg at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 6 12:18:47 PDT 1998

> CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:
> > Actually, twinkies are a yankee thang.. here in the South we like a Moonpie
> > and an R.C. (read R-ah Cee). <g> For those that don't know, a Moonpie is sort
> > of cakish, flat and rounded, with marshmello filling, and some kind of icing,
> > either chocolate or banana usually, although I have seen strawberry once. Good
> > Eatin'.. real stick to your arteries stuff...

Actually, I'm one of those darn Northerners, and I just had a Moon Pie for
lunch.  Mmmmm.  The only problem is, all the Moon Pies I've seen recently
have been the double-decker variety -- no regular ol' Moon Pies!  At any
rate, the chocolate and banana ones are delicious, but I don't really like
the vanilla ones that much.  My boyfriend and I were near Chatanooga once
and bought Moon Pies -- and they were fresh and soft and sooo good, so now
all Moon Pies here seem inferior.
You'll have to excuse me, I just REALLY like Moon Pies.  MMmm.
www.moonpie.com or something similar should get you to their web site.

Ah, I suppose I should introduce myself, as I'm new here and the welcome
message said to do so.  Hello, my name is Jen, and I don't have an SCA
name as I'm not a member of SCA yet.  I want to be one, just have to find
some way to join soon.  I'd be in the Marche of the Marshes area (near
Toledo, OH) (probably not the proper term, area, eh?), in case anyone is
wondering.  I'm sure you'll see more of me on the list as I spend all day
in front of a computer.  :)

Jen

                                      Arthur C. Clarke