Subject: SC - Re: SC European foods - Real Pizza

kat kat at kagan.com
Thu Aug 6 13:49:25 PDT 1998

	Greetings All!
	I remember that in Britain I was able to eat food that tasted great to me.
 I found sandwich shops on Piccadilly and about a block north an American
Wedy's Burger place.  It was great.  I had fish, beef and mutton, and pork.
 In combinations that tickled the tastebuds.  That is until I found a shop
catering to the tourist trade.  That food was nasty.
	I had pot pies of every variety and when we decided to not go out to eat
and found a Safeway (YES in Britain ) I found a whole isle of pot pie in
varieties that were wonderful.  I want to go back and have more of those
pies. . . sigh.
	Steak and Kidney pie is different in every shop and is interesting to
boot!  Only problem was that after we went back to Germany I ran out of the
pub mustard that was so good.  Couldn't get it in Germany and forget over
here.  Miss the curries and sauces a lot to.
	Balldrich

> From: Phil & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
> To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: SC - Views on British Food
> Date: August 05, 1998 5:17 PM
>
> Cathy Harding wrote:
>
> > But what ever you do, avoid the american chain resturants (McDonalds,
KFC,