SC - Children's feasts

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Aug 6 15:52:30 PDT 1998

At 00:26 6/08/98 -0500, Arabella wrote:
>Also any ideas for spinach ?

Spinach Frittours (Nicolette made some nice ones at Festival and might post
the instructions...)

Sweet spinach pie (I posted the receipt a few weeks back)

Sauted in various styles - first blanch, squeeze dry and chop (refridgerate
up to 3 days), then...

1. Saute chopped pancetta in olive oil, add currants and spinach, stir until
hot. (This is from Santich's book - she also has one using herbs)

2. Saute chopped onion, currants and pine nuts in butter, add the spinach
and stir until hot (This is a middle eastern version and my favorite way to
eat spinach except in Spanakopita)

Beetroot leaves and silverbeet (or a mix) are also good in all these.

Hope these help
Rowan