SC - Spinach Stuffed pasta

Kiriel & Chris kiriel at cybergal.com
Mon Aug 10 02:45:21 PDT 1998

   My Husband still andamantly refuses to eat peas.  I have it from his
parents that they had to force the peas down his throat. Still when we go
to visit them, his Mother still dishes him up the peas and attempts to make
him eat them.    It sometimes amazes me that she still thinks that she can
control his eating habits like that, but I would never dare tell her so to
her face.  I like peas but it's easy enough to make peas enough for me and
he gets extra corn. There's no great fuss about that, besides if he's held
onto that for so long, I think that it's safe to assume that he's not doing
it to be difficult, and deserves to have his wishes respected.  I don't
have kids.......yet, so I have no experience with picky children.
- -Sianan

>> Saturday, I had the umpteen thousandth lecture from my dad on why I should
>> enjoy my steack much more rarely done than I do, followed by his ridiculous
>> refusal to cook it any longer than the others.  I had to go out and stand by
>> the fire another minute myself.  We've been doing this since I was 13 and
>> first insisted that I wanted a little less red--just pink would do. At that
>> time he got really angry at the suggestion that he just put mine on the
>>grill
>> a minute sooner, or be certain mine stayed in the middle (hotter) part
>>of the
>> grill, or they buy me a thinner steack.  I'm quite a bit older now.  Perhaps
>> it's just one of those lame dad-type jokes to make me do this every time.
>>
>> Bonne
>
>Not my place to tell you about your family, but your father sounds like my
>biological mother.  She was a control freak.  I learned to cook when I was
>eight
>because she (to my tastes) burned everything.  It had to be well-done
>beyond well
>done for her and she refused to let anyone else eat theirs anyway else.
>It drove
>her nuts when I ordered a steak rare at an awards ceremony in high school.
>She
>wouldn't sit at the same table as me, and I got lectures for weeks about how I
>was going to die of some nasty disease carried by cows.  Sorry, it's not a
>joke
>to me.  It's a control thing.  He won't relinquish control of how you "should"
>eat, so he makes it as uncomfortable for you as he can to get what you want to
>eat.
>
>Brenna

Marina Denton
sianan at geocities.com

		Confidence is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat,
		and taking the tartare sauce with you.

		- Zig Zigler