SC - Its been fun, but...

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Aug 13 20:08:16 PDT 1998

> But I do contribute  here at home and work
> sometimes in the soup kitchens and always put something in the box at the
> grocery. I would hate to put my small monetary dollars to work in another
> country and then walk around the corner and see hungry people living out
> of
> boxes and kids being sent to school with no breakfast etc.
>
> It may be jaded, pesimistic and hard hearted to say, but I also believe
> that
> in the "whole picture" the strongest really do survive. Peoples come and
> go.
> Fact of life. The End.
>
> M.
> Does this make me a cold hearted bitch?

	Actually, no.  What you are attempting to do is maximize the effect
of your charitable investment.  I try to do the same.

	As for Social Darwinism, who says the strongest survive.  Sometimes
its the luckiest.  And with humans, possibly those who can co-operate best
or can optimize the return from their efforts will be the winners.

	Bear